Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches | The Chew

PULLED PORK SANDWICHES FOR FIELD DAY [ APPLAUSE ] >> ALL RIGHT

YES >> THOSE LOOK GOOD >> ALL RIGHT, JUMP IN, GIRL >> ALL RIGHT SO FIRST WE'RE GOING TO START WITH JUST A CLASSIC BARBECUE RUB SO, AS MICHAEL'S ALWAYS SAID, BROWN SUGAR, CHILI POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, CUMIN, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE, SALT AND PEPPER

SO CLINTON, IF YOU CAN JUST WHISK THAT TOGETHER >> OF COURSE >> GREAT >> OH THIS IS KIND OF FUN BECAUSE YOU WORK SO HARD FOR US EVERYDAY AND NOW WE'VE GOT TO — WE'RE HERE >> I KNOW, IT'S A LITTLE WEIRD

>> WE GOT YOU >> TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE >> BOSS US AROUND A LITTLE BIT >> ALL RIGHT, SO CARLA, HERE WE HAVE YOUR — WE HAVE A BONELESS PORK SHOULDER SO BASICALLY I TRIED TESTING THIS TWO WAYS BY CUTTING THE PORK SHOULDER INTO SMALLER PIECES SUCH AS HERE OR LEAVING IT WHOLE

SO WHAT I FOUND IS IF YOU WANT TO SAVE AN EXTRA 20 TO 30 MINUTES IN THIS RECIPE, CUT IT INTO FOUR PIECES >> OH, THAT'S A REALLY GOOD TIP >> SO THEN WE CAN JUST SPRINKLE OR RUB BECAUSE WE AREN'T SMOKING WE CAN RUB IT IF WE WANT TO YOU CAN DO THIS UP TO A DAY IN ADVANCE

>> GET IN THERE, CARLA >> PERFECT, YEAH >> WHEN YOU HEAR RUB AND MICHAEL'S LIKE “DON'T RUB!” AND THEY'RE LIKE “RUB” YOU SAY “OKAY, ALL RIGHT” >> PERFECT

THEN I'M GOING TO SWITCH SPOTS WITH YOU >> OKAY >> THEN WE'RE GOING TO COME DOWN HERE SO THEN WE COME TO THE PRESSURE COOKER PART SO WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS MACHINE IS THAT IT HAS SEVERAL DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS AND YOU CAN DO SOMETHING LIKE SAUTE IN IT

SO THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE GOING HERE FIRST, WE'RE GOING TO BROWN OUR MEAT TO REALLY BRING OUT THAT CARAMELIZATION AND TOAST THOSE SPICES BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT >> THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE I MEAN THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE CAN'T DO OFTEN IN A SLOW COOKER OR A PRESSURE COOKER, A REGULAR ONE

I LOVE THIS >> THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE HERE AND THEN WE CAN JUST REMOVE THAT TO THE PLATE WE HAVE OUR FOUR PIECES >> AWESOME CARAMELIZATION

>> AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO BASICALLY DEGLAZE LIKE YOU WOULD ALWAYS DO IN A BRAISE SO WE HAVE ONE CUP OF BEEF STOCK HERE WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT WHEN YOU'RE PRESSURE COOKING IS THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF LIQUID SO YOU WANT THE STEAM TO BE ABLE TO RISE SO THAT THE MACHINE COMES TO PRESSURE WHICH MEANS YOU NEED ABOUT A HALF A CUP TO A CUP OF LIQUID FOR A BRAISE >> SO IS THAT — [ SNEEZING ] I'VE USED PRESSURE COOKERS BEFORE — >> I'LL BE RIGHT BACK

>> I'VE USED PRESSURE COOKERS BEFORE LIKE ON "IRON CHEF" SO WHAT'S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS — LIKE IF PEOPLE ARE WATCHING AT HOME AND THEY HAVE A PRESSURE COOKER AND THEY HAVE A SLOW COOKER, WHAT'S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE AND THAT? >> SO BASICALLY THIS IS AN ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER WHICH MEANS YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT USING THE STOVETOP AND THAT MAKES IT VERY EASY TO USE IT HAS A LOT OF DIFFERENT SAFETY FUNCTIONS AND YOU CAN KIND OF JUST SET IT AND THEN LET IT COOK IT'S JUST ONE POT, VERY EASY, WITH MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS >> I LOVE IT

>> I'M VERY EXCITED >> GREAT >> AND I THINK PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID BECAUSE I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF THE PRESSURE COOKER BECAUSE WE HAD THOSE STORIES OF OUR GRANDMOTHERS AND THEN THEY'RE EXPLODING I MEAN I KNOW THEY'RE SAFER NOW BUT ALSO THIS DOESN'T TAKE SPACE ON YOUR STOVE >> RIGHT

>> YEAH >> SO BASICALLY WHEN YOU HEARD ALL OF THOSE NOISES, WE SEALED THE LID AND THEN WE'RE JUST GOING TO SEAL THE STEAM VALVE, SET IT ON MANUAL FOR 55 MINUTES AT HIGH PRESSURE AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, YOU'VE COOKED YOUR PULLED PORK >> ALL RIGHT, SO WE'RE GOING

Free Recipe Tips
Get the latest recipe tips.
We respect your privacy.

Advertise Here

Free Receipt Tips
Get the latest recipe tips.
We respect your privacy.

Juicing

Advertise Here

Recipe Types

Keto

Advertise Here